13 January 2012

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word


Okay, I confess that I haven't gone to church regularly since last year. At first, I felt obligated to attend Mass every Sunday. I studied in schools run by nuns (elementary) and priests (high school). It was an obligation to go to church. Otherwise, you'd lose precious points for the Christian Living subject where you have to pass your reflection notebook every Monday morning. Plus, the priest saying the Homily is your teacher. 

Over time, I just stopped going to Sunday Mass. I only go during special occasions (Christmas, family requirement, etc.), The biggest factor that made me stopped going is the fact that the Church, by that I mean the organization, is meddling uninhibitedly into government territory. They force their opinions on the churchgoers. The homilies are incorporated with so many "Believe this. Believe that. RH Bill is about abortion." statements that it has made me think twice about the importance of Sunday mass. Plus, I dread seeing those ANTI-RH Bill tarpaulins plastered in front of the church. I just want to say, stop pushing your beliefs down our throats.

I would rather have my quiet moments in the prayer room alone with Jesus rather than be dictated upon political and social issues. I want my heart-to-heart dialogue with Jesus, minus the sermons. I feel closer to Jesus this way.

That's just me. I'm sorry I don't love going to Sunday Mass but I still honor the Sabbath Day in my own way.


Despite this, I still always ask myself in every situation,

What Would Jesus Do?

No comments :

Post a Comment