18 February 2012

The Vow

I wanted to watch The Vow when I first found out about it. I never viewed the trailer but just presumed that it will be a movie along the lines of The Notebook, etc. Plus, it starred Channing Tatum. Isn't he reason enough?


Thus, I did not know what I was in for.

A love story. An accident. Then, amnesia. It was pretty much predictable, at first. The girl could not recognize the guy anymore (I'm thinking: The Notebook, except it was Alzheimer's and they were old). Then, the guy decides that he has to make the girl fall in love with him all over again. (I'm thinking: 50 First Dates)

What makes this story special is how the guy does everything for the love of his life. He is understanding, gentle, and possibly the most perfect guy in the world. Did he have any flaws? I could not see any, provided that he was being portrayed by Channing Tatum (FANGIRL ALERT!) He always persevered to help his wife regain her memory, even if she could not even help herself do the same.

I will stop myself right here because I might not be able to stop myself from spilling the story. Trust me, this movie is not just about the big scenes. It's about relishing every moment with somebody you love. It's about the pain of being with someone yet the person is still so distant and unreachable. Surely, it will teach you to never take somebody for granted and that you can never really know a person entirely.

PLUS, it's not cheesy at all! I have an alpha-male's point of this so trust me its movie date material. =)


No comments :

Post a Comment