03 March 2012

Are the AZKALS living up to their moniker?

Scooped from Fashion Pulis:

Lexton Moy
Angel Guirado
As I called the players individually so that we could check their accreditation cards and kits, Philippine player LEXTON MOY (no. 25) stood by my right side and said in a loud voice "Must be a B cup," to which the players laughed loudly. As I was the only female in the room, he was apparently referring to my bra size. He could not have been talking about men's athletic cups, as their sizes are specified as extra-small, small, medium, large, and extra-large vis-a-vis cup sizes of women's brassieres, which are specified in letters. Additionally when I checked Philippine player ANGEL GUIRADO (no. 12) he stood in front of me purposely just wearing his briefs and made no attempts to wear shorts or cover his underwear. Again, the players loudly laughed while I was checking this player.
Cristina Ramos
Match Commissioner
Past Member, Organising Committee for the FIFA U-20 and U-17 Women's World Cups (2004-2011)
Past Member, AFC Women's Committee (2003-2010)
Past President, Philippine Olympic Committee (1996-1999)



In my personal experience of the usual goings-on in the men’s locker room, the tension, excitement and nervous energy before a match often result in a lot of boisterous bantering. For someone who walks into this situation, this might appear as bordering on disrespect. But again, I am speaking only from my personal experience. I was not witness to the particular incident which is the subject of the incident report. Until I hear from all sides, I cannot comment substantially on the matter.

 Dan Palami 

National Team Manager


No comments :

Post a Comment