10 November 2012

PRC ID RENEWAL

I am now the family's official errand girl. After the academe, I decided to take a year off before plunging head first into the country's non-existent job pool. I'm now dabbling in an online business, writing, and tutoring. Aside from all these (as if that's really much), I delight in going to different government offices and discover their systems or lack thereof.


PROFESSIONAL REGULATION COMMISSION

V Rama St. Guadalupe, Cebu City
(032) 255-7396 to 97

LICENSE RENEWAL

October 16,2012

8:00 AM: 
I went to Professional Regulation Commission (Cebu) to renew two professional licenses, one for my father and the other for my sister-in-law.

What I Brought:
  1. Photocopy of PRC ID (Back and Front)
  2. 2 Passport Size Pictures (close up, colored, and with complete nametag)
  3. Special Power of Attorney (for authorized representative without PRC license)
  4. PRC Renewal Form (downloaded from the Internet)


I was overwhelmed that the line reached outside the PRC gates. Later, I found out that they were new license applicants. I entered through the side door (where the photocopy machine and other merchandise were sold). Remember to ask for information at the counter. I was given a form to fill up. Thus, there is no need to download the renewal form from the Internet.

8:30 AM:
Pass the requirements to Window 12 (Renewal for Nurses and Physicians). I was told that there was something wrong with the computers. Thus, we have to wait for 30 minutes.

10:00 AM
My name got called despite having only 5 people ahead of me in the line. I was told to have photocopies of the SPA as it will be needed when claiming the ID. I was given a claim form. Remember to check the information stated there for errors. 

10:15 AM
Proceed to the cashier for payment. The renewal fee depends of the number of months since the license expired. My dad's license expired on 10/11/12 and his license fee was 450.00 while my sister-in-law's license fee was 480.00 (expired on 4/09/12). 

Come back in 15 working days to claim the renewed Professional Regulation Commission ID. 

CERTIFICATE OF RENEWAL

10:18 AM
I went back to the information counter to ask how I can obtain a certification that I have processed the renewal of PRC license. Again, I was given a form to be filled out.

Requirements:
  • Photocopy of 2 Valid ID Cards of the Professional (Driver's License, Passport, Voter's ID, etc.)
  • Photocopy of the Claim Form for the Renewed PRC ID
  • Certification fee (Php75.00)
Requirement for Claiming:
  • Authorization Letter
  • Photocopy of Valid ID Card of Authorized Representative
  • Claim slip

10:25
Lined up at Window 24 to pass the requirements.

10:30
Proceeded to the Cashier for payment of certification fee.

Come back after 3 working days. 

***I have already claimed the certification. Make sure to come by the office in the morning as claiming of certifications at Window 24 is 9:00-12:00. I came at 8:00 AM and I was still entertained. Plus, the authorization letter was not asked from me. ***

SOME TIPS:
  • Always call ahead before going to the PRC office. I am from Negros, so I cannot afford to go there without assurance.
  • Photocopy all documents, identification cards, and authorization letters for future use.
  • Keep all claim slips and receipts.
  • Be punctual.
  • Bring ballpoint pen and correction pens.

No comments :

Post a Comment