16 January 2012

Meet the Zapps


When I'm teased about wedding bells and marriage, my customary answer would be: "Not in a decade, I want to see the world first. If I get married, then I'll have kids to worry about. I won't be able to enjoy my travels because I would be thinking about them all the time." (This is, of course, assuming that somebody makes the mistake of proposing. Hahahahha. )

This is my peg for my future family. Any takers. Anyone??? =)


Then, I read about The Zapps family. The couple, Candelaria and Herman Zapp, started travelling aboard a 1928 Graham-Paige vintage car on the year 2000 and never stopped driving since then. They have even become parents to four children along the way. The children are Pampa, Tehue, Paloma, and Wallaby with different nationalities to boot. 


The couple before the kids were born

A balancing act on the Amazon River
The Zapp Family is currently in the Philippines. They even shared an anecdote on how a Filipino family let them stay in their one-room house and gave them the only peace of meat they had. The family even apologized to them for not having more to offer. Such is the generosity of the Filipino heart. 



I wonder who of their children keeps asking this question. There's one in every family. =D


Read More on the Zapp Family Journey: The Zapp Family: A Never-ending Journey

No comments :

Post a Comment