14 March 2012

Arnold Clavio on the Azkals

So, the GMA reporter Arnold Clavio comments on the Azkals' harrassment records, how they're just pretending to be Filipinos, etc.

I am with Mr. Clavio in his stance about taking sexual harassment cases seriously. I am with him when he wondered why somebody would comment on a guy's bra size. I am with him when he said that the Azkals should have apologized without putting in unnecessary comments. They are saying sorry. That should mean they are acknowledging having hurt somebody's feelings. 

However, I think that he should have left a few words unsaid. Like the thing about not being Filipino. I mean, who can really decipher who is more Filipino or of a certain nationality between people? 

Does this come across as a racist rant to you?

No comments :

Post a Comment