14 March 2012

Who is Karl Roy?

“I need people to validate that what I am feeling is real."
-Karl Roy
Yesterday, I woke up to tweets about Karl Roy's death. To be honest, I knew nothing about him until the news of his death. Curious as I always am, I researched a bit and here are some tidbits:
  • Frontman for the bands Advent Call, POT, and Kapatid
  • He is best known as the voice behind the revival of the song "Yugyugan Na" 
  • His brother, Kevin Roy, is the lead singer of the band Razorback.
  • His first cousin, Judd Roy, is one of the prosecution lawyers of the ongoing Corona impeachment trial. 
  • He is a member of Tau Gamma Phi, Triskelions' Grand Fraternity 
  • In 2007, he survived a near fatal stroke. 
  • Karl Roy was creative in the way he would take his drugs – in perfect timing, in perfect mixture – a mad scientist who concocted various combinations to bring the state of living to a higher – pardon the pun – state of life. (Philippines Fun Wall)

I'm listening to a playlist of his songs now. It sounds really good. Now wonder, Karl Roy is considered an OPM rock music icon. Rest in peace, Karl Roy. You are brilliant, Sir.

No comments :

Post a Comment